Can You Add TSA Precheck After Booking?
If you are a frequent traveler, you understand the hassle and stress that comes with airport security. Long lines, full-body scanners, pat-downs, and bag searches are just a few of the inconveniences associated with air travel. However, there is a solution that can make the process a lot smoother: TSA Precheck.
TSA Precheck is a program run by the Transportation Security Administration that allows you to go through a less strict security screening process. It is available at more than 200 airports across the United States and is designed to make the security process quicker and smoother. Getting TSA Precheck can save you a lot of time and hassle, and in this article, we will explain how you can add it to your reservation after booking your flight.
Why You Should Get TSA Precheck
Before we dive into the process of adding TSA Precheck to your reservation, let’s take a look at why you should consider getting it in the first place. Here are a few benefits:
- Expedited Security Screening: TSA Precheck lines are typically much shorter than regular security lines, which means less time waiting in line and more time enjoying your trip.
- No Need to Remove Shoes, Belts, or Jackets: With TSA Precheck, you don’t have to remove your shoes, belts, or jackets, making the screening process more comfortable and less stressful.
- No Need to Remove Laptops or Liquids: You can leave your laptop and liquids in your bag when going through TSA Precheck, saving you time and hassle.
- Better Chance of Keeping Your Upgrade: If you are a frequent flyer, you know how important it is to keep your upgrade. With TSA Precheck, you have a better chance of getting through security quickly and reaching your gate on time.
Can You Add TSA Precheck After Booking?
The good news is that you can add TSA Precheck to your reservation after booking your flight. Even if you have already booked your ticket, you can still apply and pay for TSA Precheck separately.
However, there is a catch. You can only add TSA Precheck if you are flying with a participating airline. Some airlines, such as Delta and United, allow you to add TSA Precheck to your reservation at any time, while others, such as American Airlines, require you to add it at the time you book your ticket.
7 Steps to Add TSA Precheck to Your Already-Booked Flight
If you are flying with a participating airline that allows you to add TSA Precheck after booking, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the TSA Precheck website: Go to the TSA Precheck website and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the application: Fill out the TSA Precheck application form and pay the $85 fee. The application will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Attend an appointment: After submitting your application, you will need to attend an appointment at a TSA Precheck enrollment center. At the appointment, you will need to provide your fingerprints and submit to a background check.
- Wait for your approval: After your appointment, you will receive an approval notification within a few weeks. Your TSA Precheck status will then be added to your Known Traveler Number (KTN).
- Add your KTN to your reservation: Log in to your airline’s website and add your KTN to your reservation. If you have already checked in for your flight, you will need to call the airline to add your KTN to your reservation.
- Print your boarding pass: Once your KTN has been added to your reservation, you can print your boarding pass, which will indicate that you have TSA Precheck.
- Enjoy your expedited screening: When you arrive at the airport, go to the TSA Precheck lane and enjoy your expedited screening.
The Ultimate Guide on How to Get TSA Precheck Added to Your Reservation
The above steps may seem straightforward, but there are a few important details to keep in mind when applying for TSA Precheck. Here is a comprehensive guide to getting TSA Precheck added to your reservation:
1. Check the Participating Airlines
As mentioned earlier, not all airlines participate in TSA Precheck. Before you apply, make sure your airline is a participating airline and allows you to add TSA Precheck after booking.
2. Apply Early
It takes time to process your TSA Precheck application and attend an appointment. It is recommended that you apply for TSA Precheck at least two months before your trip to ensure that you have enough time to get approved and add your KTN to your reservation.
3. Attend Your Appointment on Time
After submitting your application, you will receive an appointment date and time to attend an enrollment center. Make sure you attend your appointment on time and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you miss your appointment, it may delay your approval time.
4. Add Your KTN to Your Reservation as Soon as Possible
Once you receive your TSA Precheck approval, make sure you add your KTN to your reservation as soon as possible. If you wait too long, you may forget or run into complications when trying to add it to your reservation.
5. Check Your Boarding Pass
After you add your KTN to your reservation, make sure you check your boarding pass to ensure that your TSA Precheck status is indicated. If it is not, contact your airline to correct the error.
Don’t Stress: You Can Still Add TSA Precheck After Booking Your Flight
If you have already booked your flight and did not add TSA Precheck, don’t worry. As long as your airline participates in TSA Precheck and allows you to add it after booking, you can still apply and get approved for TSA Precheck.
TSA Precheck Made Easy: Adding It to Your Already-Booked Flight
To simplify the process of adding TSA Precheck to your already-booked flight, follow these steps:
- Check if Your Airline Participates in TSA Precheck
- Apply for TSA Precheck Online
- Attend a TSA Enrollment Center Appointment
- Get your Known Traveler Number (KTN)
- Add the KTN to Your Reservation
- Check for TSA Precheck on Your Boarding Pass
- Enjoy a Quick and Easy Security Check
Adding TSA Precheck After Booking: Tips and Tricks for a Seamless Process
Here are some additional tips to make the process of adding TSA Precheck after booking your flight even smoother:
- Know your airline’s policy: Every airline has its own policies when it comes to adding TSA Precheck. Make sure you know your airline’s policy before you apply.
- Apply early: As mentioned earlier, apply for TSA Precheck at least two months before your trip to ensure that you have enough time to get approved and add your KTN to your reservation.
- Bring the required documents: Make sure you bring your passport or other TSA-approved identification to your enrollment center appointment.
Navigating TSA Precheck: How to Add It to Your Reservation After Booking Your Flight
Adding TSA Precheck to your already-booked flight is a straightforward process, as long as your airline participates in the program. Follow the steps outlined in this article and you can enjoy a faster and smoother security screening experience at the airport.
TSA Precheck is an excellent program that allows you to go through security screening faster and with less hassle. If you haven’t already, consider getting TSA Precheck for your next trip. And if you have already booked your flight, don’t worry – you can still apply and get approved for TSA Precheck. Just follow the steps outlined in this article and enjoy a stress-free airport experience.