Cleaning Squishmallows: A Comprehensive Guide
If you are a proud owner of a squishmallow, you know how crucial it is to keep this cuddly toy clean and in good condition. Squishmallows are some of the most imaginative and adorable plush toys on the market with their soft, pillowy texture shrouded in cute fabrics. Cleaning squishmallows is not as complicated as one might think. In fact, it is an easy job, and with the proper method, you can get those stains and dirt removed from your toy in no time. This guide will offer simple, effective ways of cleaning squishmallows and precautions you should take to prevent damage to the toy.
The following step-by-step guide is an effective way to clean your mushy toy safely.
- Mild detergent/washing-up liquid
- Warm water
- Lint roller
- Clean towel
- Fill a basin or sink with enough warm water to cover the toy
- Add a tablespoon of mild detergent or washing-up liquid to the warm water
- Dip the squishmallow in the water and let it soak for two to three minutes
- Gently scrub the squishmallow’s surface with your hands to remove any dirt or stains
- Rinse the toy thoroughly in clean water
- Roll the toy in a clean towel to remove excess water
- Leave it to air dry for 24-48 hours
- Brush it with a lint roller after it dries to restore its original texture
One crucial point to remember when cleaning squishmallows is to avoid using hot water as it can damage the toy’s outer fabric.
Several commercial cleaning products like upholstery cleaners and stain removers can be used to clean squishmallows. Ensure that you check the product label carefully before using it.
One effective product often used is baking soda, which helps to remove foul smells and stains from the toy.
DIY Cleaning Methods
Every household has everyday cleaning materials that can be used without spending any extra money. Here are some DIY solutions for cleaning your squishmallow.
Vinegar and baking soda mixture – Mix a small amount of baking soda with enough vinegar to create a thick paste. Apply the paste to the stained area of the toy and gently rub it into the fabric with your fingers. Rinse the toy with warm water until the paste is completely removed.
Lemon juice – Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice directly on the stain. Rub it into the fabric and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
Natural Cleaning Method
If you like to use natural ingredients for cleaning your squishmallows, there are several options available. These natural ingredients will effectively clean your toy without harming the fabric.
Baking Soda – Sprinkle baking soda directly on the toy’s surface and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Afterward, remove it by brushing it gently with a soft-bristled brush.
Vinegar – A solution of equal parts of water and vinegar can be used as a cleaning agent. Dip a clean cloth in the solution, then blot the stain. Rinse the toy with water and let it air dry.
Tips for Long-Lasting Squishmallows
Here are some tips that will ensure that your squishmallow lasts for a long time.
- Always spot clean stains as soon as they appear to prevent them from settling into the fabric and becoming more challenging to remove later on.
- Store your squishmallow in a dry and cool place to maintain the shape and texture of the toy.
- Avoid exposing the toy to direct sunlight or high temperatures.
- Before cleaning the toy, check if the label has any specific instructions for washing it.
- Do not use fabric softeners as they can affect the texture of your squishmallow.
The most effective way to keep your squishmallows healthy is to practice regular maintenance. Some maintenance techniques include:
- Use a lint roller to remove dirt and contaminants from the toy’s surface regularly.
- Store your squishmallow in a clean area to avoid dirt or dust accumulating on it.
Keeping your squishmallows clean keeps the toy in good shape and increases its lifespan. With the step-by-step guide detailed herein, cleaning your squishmallow can be an easy and stress-free task. You can always try the different cleaning products discussed above or simply create your own cleaning solution using what you have in your kitchen.
The last thing to remember is that the key to a long-lasting squishmallow is proper maintenance, so always practice good care habits, keep it clean, and store it correctly.