Do you love the bronzed look of a fake tan, but hate the patchy, dry skin that comes with it once it fades? Removing fake tan can be a tedious and frustrating task, but fear no more – we’ve got you covered with our complete guide on how to remove fake tan effectively and easily. In this article, we will explore six easy ways to remove fake tan, a foolproof step-by-step guide, DIY remedies, product recommendations, expert tips, and a bonus video tutorial.
6 Easy Ways to Get Fake Tan Off
Here are six easy ways to remove fake tan.
- Exfoliating Glove
- Dampen a pair of exfoliating gloves with warm water.
- In circular motions, gently scrub the skin where the fake tan is patchy or wants to be removed.
- Enjoy smooth skin that is free from fake tan patches.
- Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
- Make a paste out of baking soda, lemon juice, and water.
- Apply the paste with a mitt onto the skin.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and see the fake tan come off easily.
- Vinegar and Warm Water
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Soak a towel in the solution and place it on the area of skin where the fake tan needs removal.
- Leave it for at least five minutes.
- After that, use a damp cloth to wipe the area gently and see the difference.
- Coffee Scrub
- Mix coffee grounds with warm water.
- In a circular motion, massage the scrub into your skin.
- Leave it for 10–15 minutes.
- Wipe away with a warm washcloth to reveal smooth skin.
- Body Oil
- Apply body oil liberally to the area where the fake tan needs removal.
- Use an exfoliating glove or a loofah to gently scrub the area.
- Afterward, rinse the area with warm water.
- The fake tan should come off effortlessly.
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the skin with a mitt or your hands.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it away and enjoy the smooth and streak-free skin.
Remember, it’s crucial to patch test any of these methods on a small area of skin to prevent any allergic reactions.
The Foolproof Guide to Removing Fake Tan
Here is a foolproof guide to removing fake tan:
- Start by exfoliating the body with a gentle scrub or an exfoliating mitt.
- Take a hot shower to open up the pores, and then use a loofah or washcloth to scrub away the fake tan.
- If the fake tan does not come off easily, apply a fake tan remover and let it sit on the skin for at least five minutes.
- Rinse the skin with warm water, and repeat the process if necessary.
- Apply a moisturizer or oil to the skin to prevent dryness.
Remember to be gentle with your skin when removing fake tan. Don’t scratch or scrub too hard, as it can cause redness or irritation.
5 Natural and Effective Ways to Remove Fake Tan
If you are looking for natural remedies to remove fake tan, try out these:
- Lemon Juice
- Mix lemon juice and sugar to make a scrub
- Gently massage the scrub into your skin and wait for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water to even out the skin and remove the fake tan
- Baking Soda and Coconut Oil
- Mix baking soda and coconut oil to create a paste
- Use the paste to massage your skin in a circular motion
- Leave it on for at least five minutes
- Wash it off with warm water, and repeat the process if necessary
- Potato Juice
- Cut a potato in half and rub the fleshy side onto your skin where the fake tan needs removal
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse your skin with warm water to see the difference
- Cucumber and Milk
- Blend cucumber until it becomes smooth
- Mix the cucumber with two tablespoons of milk and stir it well
- Apply the mixture to your skin and wait for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water for a clean and fresh look
- Aloe Vera Gel and Sugar Scrub
- Mix aloe vera gel and sugar to form a scrub
- Massage the scrub over your skin in a circular motion for at least five minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water to see the smooth and bright skin tone
Note that some of these remedies might cause an allergic reaction. It’s best to test it on a small patch of skin before using it on the larger area of the body.
The Best Products for Easy Fake Tan Removal
Here are our top picks for fake tan removal products:
- St.Tropez Prep & Maintain Tan Eraser
- Bondi Sands Self Tan Eraser
- Isle of Paradise Over It Magic Self Tan Eraser
- Tan-Luxe Glyco Water Self Tan Eraser Exfoliating Tan Remover & Primer
- Tanologist Tan Eraser & Primer
When choosing fake tan removal products, look for products that contain ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or enzymes that dissolve the tan easily.
Video tutorial: “Watch This: How to Remove Fake Tan in 5 Easy Steps”
Check out this bonus video tutorial on how to remove fake tan in five easy steps:
The video covers the key steps to remove fake tan, including exfoliation, showering, and the use of fake tan removers. Follow along to get the best results.
Expert tips: “Get the Best Results: Expert Recommends Ways to Remove Fake Tan”
Here are some expert tips on removing fake tan:
- Use a fake tan remover that is gentle on the skin and does not cause dryness or irritation.
- Exfoliate the skin before using any fake tan removal method to remove the dead skin cells that hold the fake tan.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing too hard, which can cause skin irritation.
- Moisturize the skin after removing the fake tan to prevent dryness and maintain smooth skin.
These are the tips provided by experts, and it’s essential to follow them to get the best results.
Fake tan is an easy way to get a gloriously sunkissed glow, but when it’s time to remove it, the process can be frustrating. Luckily, the six methods we outlined in a list format, foolproof guide to removing fake tan, DIY remedies, product recommendations, video tutorial, and expert tips, make it easy to remove fake tan effectively. No matter which method you choose, it’s essential to be gentle with your skin. The key is to maintain healthy and glowing skin. We hope you will find these tips and tricks helpful while removing your fake tan.